Monday, June 3, 2013

Easy Low Carb Beef Stroganoff


Happy Monday. (As happy as a non holiday Monday be.) And tonight I made my new recipe Low Carb Beef Stroganoff which I would like to share. It's quick and easy and even Josh really loves it. (He can be picky about low carb dishes so I know this one is good.)
Ingredients (Makes 2-3 serving)
1 lb ground beef (I get grass fed).
1 medium onion
2-3 cloves garlic depending on your taste!
1/2 c beef broth
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c mayonnaise
2-3 large portabella mushroom caps
1 tbsp good yellow mustard
olive oil spray and 1 tbsp
salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. While it is warming clean the portabellas and take out the gills. When the oven is heated spray a pan that fits all your mushrooms with cooking spray, then put your mushrooms in the oven for 15 minutes.
While the mushrooms cooked I browned the beef, onions and garlic in a pan with some olive oil.
When beef is close to done add the beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes drain the excess broth and add in your other ingredients. Stir to combine.
The mushrooms should be close to ready at this point (Partially cooked, not quite soft yet.)Take them out and spoon your mixture onto each of them. Put tinfoil over your pan and turn the temperature down to 350. Cook another 10 minutes. At this point take out of the oven, plate and serve. Voila. A total of 1/2 hour and you have a hardy dinner. Sometimes I pair it with my cabbage salad to add some brightness and green to the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment