Friday, January 11, 2013

Tart Appletini


Not entirely sure what to call your Friday cocktail. It's something I made up and isn't quite one thing or another. I love savory cocktails and one day I was trying to decide what to with some hard apple cider Josh brought home.
We already had apple juice around, something of a rarity in my house, (I was using it for cooking)and it was the good kind, 100% not from concentrate. So knowing both were too sweet for my taste I decided to go a bit rogue and add one of my favorite ingredients, the amazing and healthy unpasteurized apple cider vinegar. As good for you as coconut oil. So here goes the full recipe.
6 ounces hard apple cider
1 ounce vodka (to make it more of a real drink)
2-3 tablespoons good apple juice
1 tablespoon unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (or to taste)
Cinnamon stick for garnish
Combine ingredients, shake, and serve over ice
It's got a nice puckery taste and it's a way to get your daily apple in!

No comments:

Post a Comment